Friday, February 4, 2011

How Fast 2 Weeks Flies!!!

Well, it's been 2 weeks since I've been home on "bed rest". I am actually really surprised at how quickly it's gone by. I thought this time would be the LONGEST of my life! The first four days, being restricted to laying only on my left side on my couch, were pretty torturous, but after being released to "light activity", the days have gone by much less painfully.

My biggest difficulties now are just finding the motivation to get moving and do things. I think the lack of leaving my house has given me some slight cabin-fever blues. With that, I've neglected my online world and have been doing other things around the house. Mainly last-minute things for baby (a "1sts Scrapbook", a knitted blanket, going through her clothes again, etc.) and even some other little odds & ends. Here's an update of my last week around here:

Monday, Jan. 31st:
Today I worked mostly on the new baby's scrapbook. You can see pictures on my Facebook page in the "ARR - Book of Firsts" album. If you look at all of the layouts carefully, you will find out what we plan to name her! :) (At least her first name.) I still have a few more pages to do..........1st tooth, 1st food, 1st steps, etc., but I have quite a few pages done. I've made a few of these albums over the past few years for friends / family that are having babies and so I thought I'd make one for my own little bundle of joy. This way she will at least be guaranteed 1 scrapbook made by me! :) I hope that when I have 2 princesses running around here that I'll still be able to find time to get down to my scrapbook table and play. I'll just have to get them both addicted to it early on so that they'll scrap with me! :)

I also made Jakey some of the railings like I had made for Ali's room. He had commented that he liked hers and wanted to hang some stuff on hers, so Nick & I hung some in his room before he got home from school to surprise him. He loved it! You can see a pic in the "Ali's New Bed" album on Facebook.

My friend, Renee, was so sweet and sent over a HUGE container of Chicken Noodle Soup and Banana Bread for me. It was so sweet of her to think of me and, let me tell you, her soup was DELICIOUS! We ate it Tuesday for lunch and still have some left over! Thanks, Renee!

Tuesday, Feb. 1st:
Today I had my 36-week doctor's appointment! This is a big milestone for me. I've never made it this far in my pregnancy and this baby girl definitely tried to stick with that plan (TWICE, actually!). But, it seems that she's calmed down and decided to behave for a little bit longer, anyways! :) My doctor was very glad I had made it to 36-weeks and said that if I went into labor now, he wouldn't stop it and the baby is much more likely to be healthy and strong! Everything at my appointment went well. He was fine with me not taking the medicine unless I felt like I needed it and he actually said I can stop taking it entirely on Friday. (I'll be 37 weeks soon after and he said he has people stop the medicine at least 3 weeks before their "due date".) So, that was good news to me! He didn't "check" me or anything because I had not been having contractions or anything and he said that he'd prefer to leave things alone. Checking me can cause contractions and he didn't want to rile anything up. The other good news was that he gave me permission to run short errands and actually LEAVE THE HOUSE!!! He said I have to stay within 1 hour of Port Huron though! HAHA, No problem! :) So that was exciting news. I've been given even MORE freedom! I asked him what his on-call schedule was / the likelihood that he'd be able to deliver my baby. He is going out of town this weekend to celebrate the Chinese New Year, so if I can keep her in until after that, I should be able to have him deliver this little bundle.

With my new-found freedom, I hit up Big Lots (woo hoo!) on my way home. I picked up some Valentines for Jake for school. I picked out 3 boxes of them: Spongebob, Cars, and one from Animal Planet. I wasn't sure if he was "too cool" for the cartoon-y ones, so I played it safe. When he got home from school, he chose his favorite ones and, to my chagrin, he chose the Animal Planet ones! I took the others to my Bible Study to donate to CEF ministries who give out Valentines to kids who don't have any so that they can have some to pass out to kids in their classes, too. So, even though I was a little bummed that my "little Jakey" is too grown up for SpongeBob or Cars, at least some little person will get to enjoy them! :)

I came home, cleaned up the house, made dinner, then headed to my Bible Study group. It was so nice getting out of the house TWICE in one day! My Bible Study ladies are so sweet and we have such fun digging into our Bible stories and interpreting what they mean and how we can relate to them. Debby made a DELICIOUS dessert for us and I had 2 helpings! 1 for me and 1 for baby, of course! :) And, I STILL beat the terrible snow storm home! Yay me!

Wednesday, Feb, 2nd:
SNOWMAGEDDON struck Port Huron over night and we got at least a FOOT of new snow! Schools in the area are all closed for the day, including Nick's college! Looks like we're all home together for the day! Nick & Jake dug us out once in the morning and then Nick went out again 2 more times to just try to keep ahead of it all! The snow has kept coming down all day. Sometimes in big, beautiful flakes, other times just blowing and drifting around. What a mess! Nick took Jake home around lunch time and said that the side roads were terrible but the main roads were ok. I didn't venture out in it, that's for sure! I worked on the new baby girl's album some more and just stayed inside with the family, nice and cozy!

Tuesday night I was up most of the night with terrible cramping pains. Nothing seemed to help them. I barely got any sleep so Wednesday was mostly just a lazy, resting day for me. I think I must have over-done my new "freedom" from the house because I was definitely paying for it Tuesday night.

Thursday, Feb. 3rd:
Today was a SUPER unproductive day. I didn't really leave the couch much at all today. Nick got out of class early today because barely anyone was in class. Sounds like most people were still pretty snowed in. Today I just lacked motivation to get up and do ANYTHING. I did get up long enough to shower and vacuum the floor, but other than that, not much of anything! I sat and knitted most of the day and channel-surfed. I think I'm still recuperating from my sleepless night Tuesday night. For dinner, Nick and I ordered from Happy's Pizza: 2 Rib Tips dinners. They were on their menu for $8 each, which wasn't bad considering you got a BUNCH of rib tips, fries, cole slaw, and bread. But then they were running a special for the "Freeze Out" and they were only $6 each! So, for $12 we had a delicious meal and I still have enough left over for lunch another day!

I had lots of contractions today around 3:00 and I thought they were getting stronger and more regular, then all of a sudden around 5:30, they just stopped! This little girl is a tease! :)

Friday, Feb. 4th:
And now, I'm up to today! I got the BEST wake-up call anyone could ever ask for this morning. I got up around 7 and was making coffee and putting the dogs out. Ali heard me get up so she wanted to get up, too, of course. Well, as I was finishing getting the coffee ready, I heard "Mommy! I LOVE YOU!!!" from her room. I'm not usually much of a morning person, but I tell ya what...........that certainly put a big smile on my face and really got my day off to a good start! :)

So far, I've been more productive today already than I was all day yesterday! I've already cleaned the house, folded laundry, showered, showered Ali, posted photos on Facebook, and now I've just updated my blog for the week. The big news of the day is that Ali slept in her Big Girl Bed for the first time for her nap and she did really well! She went right up, laid down, and didn't even come down until after her nap-time was over! She likes to invite people up on her bed or in her house. She loves it! I still have a few finishing touches on her room to do. Hoping I can get them done today. I have to put up a light that hangs from the ceiling and then stick up her polka dots on her walls. After a few more days, we can hopefully take down her crib and she'll be using her big bed all the time! That'll be nice!

Today we have Jake for a bit and then he is going to spend the night at his Gpa Maxwell's because he has a hockey game in Lapeer tomorrow and has to leave by 6 am for the game! Yuck. Glad his gpa likes to take him to those, because if it were up to me, we'd just skip it!

Tomorrow is an ice festival in Port Sanilac. That's not quite an hour away, so maybe we'll venture out to it. It'll give us all something to do at least!
Hope everyone has a nice weekend and is able to get unburied from all this snow!!!

No comments: