Thursday, February 26, 2009

Meet Ali!!!

Hi everyone!!!

Surprise!!! She decided she didn't want to wait in my belly any longer! :) My water broke at work at 12:45. I got to the hospital around 1:15 and was 1 cm, 50% effaced, & having contractions which I didn't feel. Two hours later I was 3 cm and 90% effaced. Another 2 hours and I was 4 cm and 100%. By this time I was in a ton of pain so I got an epidural. I was having contractions so close together he could hardly get the epidural in! By the time they laid me back on the bed from getting the epidural, I was 10 cm and ready to push. It was CRAZY!!! I went from 4 to 10 in like 15 minutes! I got my epidural in at 7:45 and my little girl was born at 8:23! :) She wasin a hurry!!!
Full name: Alina Claire Richmond
Weight: 5 lb 12 oz
Length: 18 inches
Head: 12.5
5 weeks early!
She is healthy and happy so far & they think I'll be able to feed her soon. We'll be here until Sat morning. I am in Suite 2 at PH Hospital. Phone # 989-3462. Feel free to call if you want to come visit. I'm not sure if she'll be in my room or not.....depends how she does tonight & tomorrow. But she's absolutely beautiful! :)

No comments: