Monday, February 16, 2009

Update! :)

Here's my long-overdue update. If you ever read my blog, you know I have a history of never updating, then making a random, rambling post that updates people on what's been going on with me recently. Never very exciting, but an update, none-the-less! :) So, here goes.............

Seems like the last month or so has just flown by. I thought
that after the holidays, the time would drag slowly by until my due date, but January really snuck past me somehow and now I'm halfway into February and just posting updates today. Recent events that have gone on:

- Eli turned 2 January 24th. We had a little party for him & he was super-cute, as always! :)
- February 1st & 2nd I got had the stomach flu! I haven't had that in YEARS, and it's definitely as bad as I remember it ever being. I stayed home from work on Monday and went in to the doctor just to make sure the baby was ok because I had had such bad stomach cramping. I was worried she might be sick, too! :) But, she's supposedly A.O.K.! :)









- February 7th Nick & I attended our all-day child-birthing class at the hospital. It was horribly long, but I did learn a lot. The best part of the day was touring the birthing suite & getting to hear all the new babies cry.......I wanted to look in the rooms as we walked past, but decided that might be rude, so I didn't! :)

- After our childbirthing class, we headed to my parents' house for a bit before the big CD release party. We bought my mom a game for the Wii: The Price
is Right! :) She likes it so far & even got to spin the Big Wheel !!! :) It's her favorite game show & I remember watching it daily when we were growing up.

- Brother-in-laws, Joe & Ryan had a CD release party for their band Cyborg Turtlehead Feb. 7th at Chizzys in Carsonville. (Yes, the bar's name is Chizzys. And yes, they have Chiz burgers. And yes, they are delicious!)

- February 13th - 16th is my mid-winter break from work. I LOVE the long weekends & time off!
  • Friday I went shopping with Lisa. We went to Target & Babies R Us to update my registries with more things that are in stores for people to buy. Lots of the things I originally registered for were no longer available or only available online, which was a problem for some of my aunts and other people.
  • Saturday Nick & I went shopping and bought things for at the hospital (yes, my bag is packed & ready to go!!! What else did you expect from me?!). We also went to Kohls because their winter stuff is on clearance & I had a 20% off coupon.
  • Sunday Jake & I woke up early and made monkey bread, which is basically like a big cinnamon roll. Jake loves it & it's something he can help me make in the kitchen. His job is to shake up the bread in the cinnamon/sugar mixture & add it to the pan! Then Nick, Jake, & I went to church where we heard about anti-Darwinism and such. (one of my personal favorite sermons........ugh) Afterwards we met up with Amanda & Ryan for lunch at Red Lobster. Yummo! :) I had shrimp scampi & they were delicious. I also decided to never wear a certain shirt again because everyone kept commenting on my ever-growing belly that day. Yes, I'm huge & monstrous. No, I don't need to hear your comments about how big it is or when I'm due or worse yet, your personal labor stories. (I don't mind this from friends, but random people I see in public..........not so much enjoyed!) After lunch, we got groceries & ran some errands. Then, after unpacking it all, we watched the new Nicholas Sparks movie: Nights in Rodanthe. I must say I was not impressed. The book was much better than the movie and I don't usually say that. I was actually really disappointed in the movie. Oh well. I'm just glad I waited for it to be out on DVD rather than waste the $ at the movie theater.
  • Today............still on mid-winter break & so far I've not been as productive as I should be. :) So far today I designed the onesie & t-shirt for Jake & the baby to wear home from the hospital. I've spent an insane amount of time on Facebook, blogger, & uploading pictures. I balanced my checkbook (a job I HATE to do because I hate seeing my money leave!). I searched for a few things on eBay I'd like to purchase. I looked at some floor plans for houses that Nick sent me. (He likes to send me dream-houses that we'd build if we won the lottery!) And that's about all so far.
  • Things I SHOULD do today include...................lesson plans for my next unit & for when I'm off on maternity leave (which I'm hoping is sooner rather than later); work out at the YMCA at 6 with my fellow prego ladies; consolidate my student loans from my masters (this is a huge headache to me!); scrapbook (this probably won't get done!); wash dishes; shower; clean the house; walk the dogs (if it warms up enough).
- Things coming up later this week...............
  • Tuesday: 6 hour work day (YAY!) full of ATA PD (barf!) on Data (double barf!)
  • Tuesday: Jake has a class at PH hospital on being a big brother. He gets to bring a teddy bear and will learn how to hold it, feed it, and diaper it. HEHE. I can't wait to watch him do those things!
  • Wednesday: Dr. appt. at 2:45 - check-up on baby! :) ..... maybe he'll tell me that I need to go on bed-rest immediately & I won't have to go back to work anymore. That might be fun! :) As I'm getting bigger, things are getting more uncomfortable.....my feet hurt really bad the longer I"m on them and they have been getting really swollen and huge lately if I sit for any length of time. I'm hoping that this swelling is not pre-eclampsia or anything harmful like that. I guess we'll find out on Wednesday!
  • I'm supposed to have my teaching evaluation W, Th, or F of this week, but since my principal hasn't brought it up, I'm thinking it might not happen for me. (shucky-darn!)
  • Thursday: Pain Management class at the hospital. They are supposed to teach me about ways to manage my labor pains. We'll see how that goes! :) The plan, as of right now, is to do as much of the early labor on my own at home so that I don't have to sit in the hospital for a bazillion hours. If I can take the pain, I'd rather be at home doing stuff I want to do. I'd like to try to go all natural, but we'll see. Seeing as how this is my first baby, I don't know what it's like, so I might be screaming for an epidural immediately, I don't know! :)
Well, that's it for my upcoming events. This week should be a relatively easy one......seeing how I only have to teach 3 days. Yippee! :)


No comments: