Monday, February 16, 2009

More New Pics!

As previously promised, here are some pics of Jake that I took recently. He's in the 1st grade now & 7 years old. It's crazy how big he's gotten. I can't believe it sometimes. It's fun to think back on how little he was & how cute he was as a baby. He likes hearing stories about himself as a little guy. :)


At my house, it's nearly impossible to get a picture by yourself without at least 1 dog hidden in there somewhere! :) Jake has really started to become a dog lover lately and enjoys cuddling with Aragorn and playing with Arwen. Arwen will play right back and nip at his legs and try to pull him around the room. It's so cute to watch! :)


Homework is a nightly routine with us. Jake has to read books every day and work on his spelling and sight words. Sometimes the book reading gets pretty tedious, but he's getting to be a pretty good little reader! :) It's fun to listen to him when he really gets going on a book that he enjoys. I love hearing him try to sound out words he doesn't know. It's so cute!

Dad's turn to listen to the struggles of 1st grade reading! :)
Jake enjoys anything that has to do with his dad.......If dad is involved, he's all about it! :)

Such concentration for a first grader! :) He has to be able to read each book "fluently" for his weekly homework. Sometimes this is quite the feat! But I am impressed at how much better he's gotten at reading this past school year. It's remarkable how the brain works!

Well, these are all the pics I have for now. Next up: new baby belly pictures. Nick & I are planning to get some taken next weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to post those soon. I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant now.....6 weeks to go (and it feels like an eternity!!!). :) We can't wait to have her here!

1 comment:

Lisa Gervais said...

That last pic is very cute :)

I also like Jake's hat in the first pic. It's very cool/stylish and I'm going to steal it. That's right, I'll steal from a 7-year-old, I'm not above that.