Well today is going to be a busy / hectic / stressful day. In class I am having the kids work with the hominid skulls I borrowed from SC4. The skulls are VERY expensive (~ $4000 for a set of 6) so I'm nervous having 110 9th graders man-handle them, but so far so good......keep your fingers crossed that none of them get broken!
Immediately after school I need to leave to go visit my mom in the hospital! She is having her gall bladder removed today because it is full of stones. I guess when your body doesn't use bile, the gall bladder stores it and concentrates it into stones. Those stones are stored there until they are needed. Apparently, my mom's body didn't need them and now they are causing complications. Grrrr. So, she had that removed this morning and then they found 4 stones that were stuck in the bile duct so now she has to have those removed this afternoon (~4:30). My dad has been there waiting with her since 6 this morning, so I'm going to go there as soon as I can to kind of relieve him.
After the hospital (if I don't leave too late), I am going to go to my friend Cheryle's house for our staff holiday party. I made Wing Dings to take there and gave them to Cheryle at work so they would be there to be eaten by everyone since I figured I wouldn't be there until later. I also made 4 boxes of brownies with Jakers last night for the cookie exchange. Those are at Cheryle's house too. I hope I get some good cookies in exchange!
Well, I have to finish teaching for the day, just the afternoon kids left. then off to the hospital....
No comments:
Post a Comment