Sunday, December 9, 2007

My Fridge Sucks!

Nick & I have been struggling with our finicky refrigerator! Lately (the past month or so), the fridge keeps getting...........NOT SO COLD! 2 weeks ago, I tore it apart and found that the vent that blows cold air from the freezer to the fridge was plugged full of ice. So, I defrosted it and it worked for about 2 weeks. Then it got warm again. We tore it apart yesterday and found that it was frozen solid AGAIN and that most of the parts at the back of the freezer were frozen solid, too. Here are some pics.














Anyways, we conclude that it is the heater not working and Nick is going to pick up a new one next week. Luckily we have a spare fridge in the basement that we are able to transfer our food to so that it doesn't spoil. Hopefully it's just the heater and we can move on. Stupid fridge!

The best part is that I got to tear it apart. I like taking things apart or putting them together. I think I get that from my dad. I'm proud to say that I even got it all put back together properly!
Another positive thing is that since it was all torn apart and we had to take the food out, Nick & I did a TOTAL cleaning of the fridge. It looks brand new! I'm excited about that. I like clean stuff! :)

Ok, I have tons of work to get back to, so I'm out of here! Happy Sunday!

No comments: